Join successful Women in Geosciences for an open discussion on leadership traits for dynamic careers in the petroleum industry. An understanding of current academic research and new technology within a business framework can help geoscientists more effectively communicate their ideas and lead multidisciplinary teams. Technically adept and business savvy leadership is critical for today’s geoscientist as technology is applied to new play concepts, development of existing fields, and re-development of mature reservoirs. After the panel discussion, stay for the reception to network with geoscience researchers, petroleum technology experts, and industry leaders to enrich your portfolio of connections.
The forum will be moderated by Denise M. Cox, AAPG President-elect and President, Storm Energy, Ltd.
- Pinar O Yilmaz, Advisor Exploration Business, ExxonMobil.
- Gretchen M Gillis, Geological Consultant, Aramco Services Company.
- Herlinde Mannaerts, Director of Geophysics, BP Exploration UK.
- Katya Casey, Managing Director - Geoscience, Actus Veritas Geoscience, LLC.
- Stephanie N Nwoko, Senior GeoModeler, Premier Oilfield Laboratories.
Planning Committee (AAPG PROWESS): Stephanie Nwoko, Senior GeoModeler, Premier Oilfield Laboratories and Clara Abu, Senior Geoscientist, WesternGeco, Schlumberger
Planning Committee (SEG WNC): Maitri Erwin, Manager – Global Exploration New ventures, Nexen Petroleum and Laurie Whitesell, SEG.
Includes: Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres
Limit: 150 People